Take part in our activities:
- Meetings and topic discussions.
- Volunteering with training and support provided.
- Help provide information and advocacy by phone, email, face-to-face, online advice and tips from our own collective experience.
- Workshops on Zoom and in person -- contact us if you are interested in having a joint workshop hosted by your group.
- Telling our stories of how we won our battles.
- Testifying how cost of living, cuts to benefits, legal aid, homecare and carers’ low pay, healthcare and other services affect disabled women -- and defending our entitlements.
- Exposing mistreatment by companies -- energy companies, train companies, disability benefit assessors Maximus, Atos, Capita, for-profit homecare agencies.
- Pressing for money and resources to protect us against dependence and promote independent living.
We work with women’s groups and other organisations:
- To stop and prevent violence against disabled women and girls by institutions, abusive partners or family members.
- Backing a Care Income for everyone who does caring work for people and planet. Like other women, disabled women want recognition that our caring work, for ourselves as well as others, is vital to society. A living wage and decent conditions for care and support workers respects them and us and prevents neglect and abuse.
- Supporting disabled women's struggle in Bhopal, India, for justice, compensation, healthcare and clean-up after the industrial disaster, as one with our own -- and other environmental, air pollution and climate change struggles.
Volunteers are welcome -- we need help with all kinds of things, which you can do at the Crossroads Women's Centre, out at events, and from home.
Contact us here.